下一章 上一章 目录 设置
3、day3 wor ...
-
world slice 3
大冰箱 wrenches open a door in a flamboyant manner—only to injure his arm in the process.
大冰箱潇洒地猛推开门,结果把自己的手臂弄伤了。
I can't believe the guy waving at me is supposed to be the hero fighting against the baleful influence in Aurora’s prediction.
我简直不敢相信,这个朝我挥手的家伙,竟然就是奥罗拉预言中抗衡邪恶势力的英雄。
“This type of mushroom, called 可爱多, is highly toxic. Its virulence is fatal.”
“这种叫可爱多的蘑菇剧毒无比,一旦中毒,必死无疑。”
“Don’t malign them. 可爱多 would be hurt.”
“别诋毁它们,可爱多会难过的。”
I lift my head, unable to believe what I’ve just heard.
我抬起头,难以置信地看着他们。
A conversation between a mentor and his student.
这竟然是导师和学生之间的对话。
I am a mushroom, precisely.
我,的确就是一朵蘑菇。
The flammable kind.
而且是可燃的那种。
Once we detonate, we shall smolder an entire camp.
一旦引燃,我们能烧尽整片营地。
Even saline solution can’t hurt us.
就连生理盐水都无法伤害我们。
“可爱多, you look tacky and watery, like the soggy weather on Florida’s eastern coast.”
“可爱多,你看起来又土又湿,像佛罗里达东海岸的潮湿天气。”
So?
所以?
Your dream job is being a rapper?
你的梦想职业是当说唱歌手吗?
I’m drenched in turbid sweat.
我浑身湿透,汗水浑浊。
Is it so hard to convince?
就这么难让人信服吗?
Now put me down.
现在,把我放下。
Wait!
等等!
Wait!
等等!
Don’t soak me again.
别再弄湿我了。
Dripping is disgusting.
湿漉漉的感觉太恶心了。
And now, dehydrate me.
然后,快把我烘干。
“I’m 大冰箱. Now, you are my experimental sample.”
“我是大冰箱,现在,你是我的实验样本。”
He places me into his basket.
他把我放进篮子里。
Damn!
该死!
His straitlaced teacher doesn’t understand him.
他那位刻板的导师不理解他。
Neither do I.
我也不理解。
But I think he’s a considerate man—there’s no gravel beneath me, and a rosette decorates the handlebar.
不过,我觉得他还算细心——篮子里没有碎石,车把上还装饰着一朵小玫瑰。
I can even perceive some flora, like orchids, around.
甚至能闻到空气里弥漫着兰花的香气。
How about daffodils? I need a valet dressed in orange.
再来点水仙怎么样?我需要一个穿橙色衣服的随从。
It would make for a lovely funeral—though a bit extravagant.
那会是个不错的葬礼,尽管奢侈了一点。
Wait, what am I doing?
等等,我在想什么?
Am I really fantasizing about some ridiculous hotchpotch as my final resting place?
我居然在幻想用一锅大杂烩来终结自己的人生?
No way.
不可能。
The guy called 大冰箱 is downright terrifying.
这家伙,实在是太恐怖了。
I can already imagine how he’ll cook me into some inedible dish, slapping on a pretentious name like “Jade Cabbage and Berg Crystal Mushroom” with a price tag of $298.
我甚至能想象他会怎么把我做成一道难以下咽的料理,还冠以浮夸的名字,比如“翡翠白菜水晶蘑菇”,然后标上 298 美元的价格。
Oh, my death is so nebulous.
唉,我的死因真是扑朔迷离。
Dear deacon! Redeem me!
亲爱的执事!救救我!
This is nonsense.
这简直是胡言乱语。
My situation is vexing, and I need to save myself.
现在的状况实在让人焦躁,我得自己想办法脱身。
Now, throw out the lullaby.
好了,别再唱催眠曲了。
Don’t be jocular.
别再开玩笑了。
Mushroom-man, fight!
蘑菇侠,战斗吧!
Step 1: Get out of the basket.
第一步,逃出篮子。
Outside is rowdy.
外面一片嘈杂。
Mentors are discussing their annuities. Girls are chatting about housecoats.
导师们在讨论养老金,女孩们在聊睡袍。
What about 大冰箱?
那大冰箱呢?
Spectre!
鬼影!
He’s watching me.
他在盯着我看。
Man! Do something practical.
老兄!干点正事吧。
This scene feels like a hardcore horror movie.
这场景简直就像是一部硬核恐怖片。
“Can you hear me?”
“你听得见我说话吗?”
He looks so innocent.
他看起来一脸无辜。
Alright, I’ll play along for now—despite his good looks.
行吧,姑且陪他玩玩,毕竟他长得还不错。
“Don’t be scared. I’m a biology researcher. I won’t treat you badly.”
“别害怕,我是生物学研究员,不会对你怎么样的。”
Really?
真的吗?
I’m skeptical.
我表示怀疑。
A folivore human being.
食叶系人类。
“Now we’ve arrived at the lab.”
“我们到实验室了。”
Oh, no.
完了。
I have climbed to the edge!
我已经爬到了边缘!
I can't handle everything. Heroes seem to rely on long-shot gambles.
我无法掌控一切。英雄似乎总是孤注一掷。
Big air!
腾空!
“Tong—”
“咚——”
It hurts...
好疼……
The unbearable pain of life...
生命中无法承受的疼痛……
I will die like an autumn leaf, from Shakespeare.
我会像莎士比亚笔下的秋叶一样死去。
?
?
Doesn't seem so terrible.
好像也没那么糟糕。
I'm still alive.
我还活着。
My body didn't shatter like a dandelion!
我的身体并没有像蒲公英一样散落!
"I caught you, thank God."
“我抓住你了,感谢上帝。”
I lie on 大冰箱's palm.
我躺在大冰箱的手掌上。
Dry and warm.
干燥又温暖。
It got a little deviance.
有点偏差,不过没关系。