注1注2注3均是华兹华斯《致杜鹃》中的句子。注2的句子在注1的句子之前,是莱姆斯对小天狼星的吐槽。
《致杜鹃》原文及翻译如下:
To the Cuckoo —— By William Wordsworth
O blithe new-comer! I have heard,
啊,欢乐的客人,我听见了
I hear thee and rejoice.
听见了你的歌声,我真欢欣。
O Cuckoo! shall I call thee Bird,
啊,杜鹃,我该称你做鸟儿呢,
Or but a wandering Voice?
还只称你为飘荡的声音?
While I am lying on the grass
当我躺在草场上,
Thy twofold shout I hear;
听到你那重叠的声音,
From hill to hill it seems to pass
似乎从这山传过那山,
At once far off, and near.
一会儿远,一会儿近。
Though babbling only to the Vale,
对着充满阳光和鲜花的山谷,
Of sunshine and of flowers,
你细语频频,
Thou bringest unto me a tale
你向我倾诉着
Of visionary hours.
一个梦幻中的事情。
Thrice welcome, darling of the Spring!
十二分的欢迎你,春天的宠儿,
Even ye thou art to me
对于我你不是鸟儿,
No bird, but an invisible thing,
你只是一个看不见的东西,
A voice a mystery;
一个声音,一个谜。
The same whom in my schoolboy days
这声音,我听过,
I listened to; that Cry
那时我还是学童,
Which made me look a thousand ways
这声音,曾使我到处寻觅,
In bush, and tree, and sky.
在林中,在天空。
To seek thee did I often rove
为了找你,我到处游荡,
Through woods and on the green;
穿过树林和草场:
And thou wert still a hope, a love;
你仍是一个憧憬,一种爱恋,
Still longed for, never seen.
引入悬念,却无法看见。
And I can listen to thee yet;
我却能听见你的歌声,
Can lie upon the plain0
我能躺在草地上倾听,
And listen, till I do beget
我听着,直到那黄金的时光,
That golden time again.
重新回到我的身旁。
O blessed Bird! the earth we pace
啊,幸福的鸟儿,
Again appears to be
我们漫游的大地上
An unsubstantial, faery place;
似乎再现缥缈的仙境,
That is fit home for thee!
那正是你向往的地方。